Civil Engineer Summer Intern
QUEST Civil Engineers, LLC - Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Perform tasks requiring application of standard civil engineering techniques and procedures in construction management, inspection, and surveying along with other duties as assigned. Assist Project Engineers and Professional Land Surveyors on civil engineering projects such as roadways, bridges, channels, railroads, airports, and dams.
Perform basic engineering calculations. Assist Project Engineers on coordination of daily activities and technical assignments. Inspect project sites and evaluate contractor work to ensure conformance to plan and specifications, as well as, applicable codes. Assist with Survey Data Collection and Layout. Work as part of a team to provide engineering support to ensure reliability, availability, efficiency, and functionality of all processes and projects.
- Completion of two or more years of an accredited Civil Engineering Program.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings.
- Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to other’s views,
- puts success of the team above own interests, and supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Assist and perform project work in extreme temperatures and conditions.
- Ability to research and analyze information of considerable difficulty and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Skilled in safety practices and recognizing hazards.